Tuesday, January 20, 2015

1/19/15 THE FLASH

I've started working out, again, to battle my depression. I plan on keeping this up. I'm just gonna copy and paste my Facebook post on my first day

Day 1-

THE FLASH workout-

First, I want to say that I won't post workout updates; I'm just posting this because I said last night that I was going to try one of these today.

If any of you do the workouts at neilarey.com, make sure you read through the "start here", at the bottom of the page, first, and just familiarize yourself with the workout. There are a lot of good tips for casual workouts, high intensity workouts, workouts without equipment, with equipment, nutrition guides, nutrition on a budget, etc. Even workouts designed around not leaving the couch (which I know sounds like BS, but they look ok to me, and if you read the START HERE stuff, they put them into context).

Ok. I did THE FLASH workout. I had a banana and a piece of cheese and a COLD glass of water before the workout. Waited 30 min. Did the workout. The site says you don't necessarily need to eat before a cardio workout, but I'm used to having a pre-workout snack, so I had something. Tomorrow, I just might a COLD glass of water and then workout and then have breakfast.

With warm up and cool down, it took about 45-50 minutes. I did the beginner, 3 sets each level, with 2 min rests in between full body cycles (like, I did all the workouts, from the first one on the PDF to the last one on the PDF, rested for 2 min, checked my heart rate and then went again x 3).

My starting heart rate was 81bpm, before warm up, 122 bpm after 1 cycle, 135 after 2 cycles, 151 after the last cycle and 131 after the cool down.

It's full body, but with more of an emphasis on legs (of course, it's The Flash).

I'd say the workout was pretty valid and successful; I feel like I just got out of Morris High School wrestling practice (ok, not really that intense, but I'm pretty out of shape and not much of an athlete, lol).

Tomorrow, I think I might do Captain America.


http://neilarey.com/workouts/flash-workout.html

No comments:

Post a Comment